Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I Made The Most Comfy Cozy Quilt EEEEVER!!!

That's right I said it.  I made it.  It is my pineapple quilt, circa 1999'ish.
There she lays on the back of our couch.  I can't take pictures to save my life and I really don't want to crawl out of bed to tray and take a better one.  So let me tell ya a bit about her.  It is almost all thimbleberries fabric and the softest thing ever.  I wish I could remember what batting I put in it cause it just has that feel.  You know the one.  THE feel.  She is rarely ever folded up or laying nicely on the couch.  She is used and abused daily by myself, the Hubs, the Kid, and our 3 cats.  It's our go to quilt for snuggles.  It was the only class I ever took and the first quilt I quilted myself.  She's got history!  I smile every time I think about the class.  I was nervous.  A newbie quilter and alone in Washington state.  The Hubs was a soldier back then.  I went early or so I thought.  I was the last one there so I got a crappy seat at the table.  There were long tables set up in a big square and the only seat left was smooshed in the middle between 2 tables, next to the 1 and only plug.  Y'all see where I'm going here.  I had my little Jenome Jem and was pretty intimidated by all the big pretty machines the ladies had.  Long story short I pissed everyone off about 20 times for unplugging the extension cord all the machines were plugged into.  They kept having to adjust their fancy machines, but not me with my little machine for classes.  I laughed!  Thats what you get for stuffing an extra person in a class.  I was first to sign up by the way.  I had a good time and got an awesome quilt out of it.  I think the quilt shop was Byrd's Nest in Olympia Washington.  It ended up being my favorite shop while we lived there.

Until Next Time!
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment