Thursday, April 26, 2012

Monsters

Best. Quilt. EVER.
It is another kit from Bits and Pieces.  I got this one when we went back to Michigan for Chases first birthday.  I finished it when he was 5.  Yep, it was a UFO forever.  I did however get my arse in gear and finished it while he was still little and would love it.  He just turned 8 and continues to use it.  Not to just make me feel good, but because he loves how it feels!  It is all hand appliqued.  Not with heat and bond, but with lots of thread, and time and blood.  I just remember sticking myself just about a thousand times making it.  It is English paper pieced and hand quilted.  I just have to mention that my little guy has great taste.  He knows that the quilts his Mama makes feel best because I put love in them, when we use them we add snuggles to them, and he is lucky to sleep under them cause he can feel our love and snuggles and that makes for the best sleep.  I just think he is so cute when he talks about it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment